The Xenopixel v2 board is in constant development and periodically will be updated with firmware updates which amend or fix the functionality of the board.
These updates have included elements such as:
Rainbow blade bug fix and adds a few important required files for future update required.
Please update to DD07 /v1.7 first then update to this update if you have not yet upgraded to v1.7 (see below for older updates)
Current Firmware version:
DD08: Update bin
We strongly recommend copying the entire contents of the SD card into a safe place on your computer for backup purposes.
To install the firmware update onto your saber you have to add the files into your SD card.
Please note, should you encounter any issues with an updated firmware you can reinstall a previous version of the firmware following the same steps just with an older file.
These are the general steps to apply a firmware update:
- Unscrew the grip section of your Xenopixel saber to reveal the chassis containing the board/speaker/battery/buttons.
- Using something plastic, carefully remove the battery from the saber, making note of the battery (+/-) orientation for re-insertion later. Typically positive(+) faces the top of the saber.
- Remove the SD card from the Xenopixel board again making note of which way up the card is inserted into the slot (typically the writing on the card faces away from the board). Avoid using anything metal if possible to remove the card as it would be easy to short-out the board causing damage.
- Insert the MicroSD card into a USB card reader. The content of the card should appear on your computer as a new drive We strongly recommend copying the entire contents of the SD card into a safe place on your computer for backup purposes.
- Download the latest update.bin file from this site (link above)
- In Windows Explorer / Mac Finder open the "set" folder on the MicroSD card
- Drag the "update.bin" file into this folder
- Safely eject (dismount) the drive from Windows/Mac
- Reinsert the card back into the slot on the board
- Reinsert the battery back into the chassis - the board should immediately detect and begin the update process and notify you once completed.
Enjoy the updated features of the board.
DD01 - DD07 released during 2021/22 including gesture support and other fixes
XenoPixel V2 instruction manual PDF: Here